All courses will be lead by a qualified teacher Trained by an appropriate governing body. In addition qualified Lifeguard(s), will also be supervising the pool at all times. Each class will also have maximum of 10 and a minimum of 5 per course/session.
• All children must be 5 years of age or older
• All children must be at least 3" 6" tall
• Ensure that pupils are checked in at School entry desk 10 minutes prior to their course start time.
• No Spectators are allowed on poolside
• Medical Information/Parental Consent must be completed prior to course
• All parents should take responsibility for their children’s behaviour in the school pool, changing rooms and corridor/street
• While waiting in the school corridor/street children should not run about, play ball games or cause excessive noise
• Eat at least one hour before lesson
• Shower before entering the pool
• Do not enter pool until advised by teacher
• Swimcap must be worn if you have long hair or required one
• Wear appropriate swim wear
• No chewing gum during lessons
• No jewellery or watches in the pool
• Obey all pool safety signs
• Obey any instructions from lifeguard(s)
Accident Reporting Procedure:
All accidents should be reported to the Lead Teacher in the first instance who will contact the school janitor in order to complete the accident book.
Child Protection Policy:
All JMG Swim School Trainers/Teachers have had a Disclosure Check by the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).
Pupils/Candidates under the age of 18 years of age are subject to the provisions of Children’s Act. The School has a Child Protection Policy which applies equally to all. If you are worried about the attitude or actions of someone else on the course please speak in confidence to the Trainer/Teacher or to the Lead Teach (Child Protection Officer).
If you are worried about the attitude or actions of Trainer/Teacher or Assessor please contact the Child Protection Officer of the appropriate governing body:
Any complaints or enquiries regarding the school or a pupil/child should be directed to the Check in desk in the first instance and if unresolved to the School Lead Teacher.